Accutrainee Limited is a business which assists junior lawyers with their careers by providing flexible legal resourcing solutions to the legal profession. We are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all those we work with including candidates, prospective employees, employees, prospective clients, clients and third parties.
Accutrainee is the controller of your information for the purposes the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) with effect from 25 May 2018.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes.
If you do not agree to our processing of your data in the manner outlined in this policy, please do not submit any personal data (including any applications) to us.
The information we collect
The information we collect from you may include some or all of the following:
• Contact information: your name, address, email address, telephone number;
• Identification information: your date of birth, nationality, ID numbers (including passport number and NI number);
• Work information: curriculum vitae which will include your work history and academic achievements and training;
• Financial information: such as bank account details
• Technical information: such as IP Address, details of visits to our website;
• Information relating to attendance at meetings, interviews, events and any other information obtained through marketing, recruitment and sales to carry out our business activities; and
• Any other information you volunteer to provide to us throughout your dealings with us.
o For Candidates, Prospective Employees and Employees
We collect information which is needed for our selection process and in order to match you with suitable opportunities. This information may include types of information listed above but may also include information gathered during the selection process, specifically different interviews you have with us, your right to work, compliance, screening and identity documents, references and links to your professional profiles available in the public domain, for example, your LinkedIn profile.
We may also collect and process sensitive personal data about you which may include information about your health (including sick leave taken during previous employment), details of any disability, details of any offences you have committed or are alleged to have committed and whether you are a member of any professional or trade associations.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and to monitor compliance with our equal opportunity policy, we ask candidates to complete a diversity monitoring form on a voluntary basis. The information collected from these forms is entirely anonymous and therefore cannot be and is not stored with your personal records.
How we collect your information
As part of our business activities, we may collect information from you:
- When you browse our website;
- When you make an application to us during the application process including completing enquiry and application forms on the website and via emails sent to us;
- When you or your organisation engage our services;
- When you or your organisation provide services as a supplier; and/or
- When you sign up to our newsletter.
Ordinarily you will have provided any information to us, however, in some cases we may collect information from an external source such as referees, screening agencies and providers, academic institutions and media.
How we use and share your information
Unless you ask us not to, the personal information we receive from you and in accordance with this policy will be used as part of our business activities including:
• Providing our services to you and facilitating the recruitment process;
• Assessing information about you against vacancies which we judge may be suitable for you;
• Sending information to clients for jobs/secondment opportunities;
• Marketing our services to you (temporary, permanent, contract, outplacement);
• Managing our business relationship with you or your organisation including billing and accounting and supplier arrangements;
• Responding to your questions and enquiries;
• Carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• Sending you details of our reports, promotions, offers, networking and client events; and
• Complying with any legal and regulatory requirements.
Disclosure and transfer of your information
As part of our business activities, Accutrainee may disclose your information to third parties who reasonably need to know such information for the accomplishment of contractual obligations. For example, IT providers for HR and client management systems. We will ensure that those third parties provide us with the same level of legal and regulatory compliance as we provide to you.
Unless otherwise notified to you, we are permitted to disclose information:
• to any law enforcement agency requesting it in connection with the commission of any offence;
• to comply with applicable laws and lawful government and/or regulatory requests;
• to operate our systems properly; and/or
• to protect our users and ourselves.
Keeping your information secure
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. Your information will be stored on our technology systems or those of our vendors and in paper files. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
Retaining your information
We do not keep personal information longer than necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. We will destroy or delete your information unless otherwise required to retain the information by law or in accordance with our policies.
Your rights regarding your information
In accordance with applicable data protection law, you have the right to request access, request correction, request erasure, object to processing, request restriction of processing, request the transfer or withdraw consent at any time as permitted by law. We have a legal obligation to ensure that your information is kept accurate and up to date. Please assist us to comply with this obligation by ensuring that you inform us of any changes to your information. If you wish to exercise any of these rights or rectify any inaccurate information please contact us at: email@example.com.
We also use “Google Analytics”. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. This information may be used to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Click here for an overview of privacy at Google.
We always aim to improve the services we offer. As a result we occasionally canvass our clients and mailing list members using surveys. Participation in surveys is voluntary, and you are under no obligation to reply to any survey you might receive from us. Should you choose to participate, we will treat the information you provide with the same high standard of care as all other personal information we receive.
If you are a candidate you understand and consent that in order to facilitate the recruitment process on your behalf, Accutrainee may forward your details to clients and potential clients at its sole discretion.
Prior to a formal offer Accutrainee makes no representation or warranty whatsoever as to the final terms and duration of any appointment obtained through this Site, if any. You waive any claims against Accutrainee for failure to find you such appointment or in relation to the terms or duration of any appointment.
Visitors to our websites
When someone visits our website www.accutrainee.com standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns are being collected. This information is collected to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source.
If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it as set out in this policy.
200 Aldersgate Street
LONDON EC1A 4HD
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7040 0973
You have the right to make a complaint at any time regarding data protection issues to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at www.ico.org.uk. We would of course appreciate the opportunity to deal with any concerns you may have before you approach the ICO by contacting us using the details above.