Are you a Paralegal, Legal Executive, Legal Analyst or Law graduate in an in-house team and looking to progress your career and become a qualified solicitor?
Have you spoken to your manager about qualifying as a solicitor but discovered that your organisation doesn’t run a legal training programme?
At Accutrainee, we have developed a unique approach that enables in-house legal teams to develop their junior colleagues.
How does it work?
- We assume the role of the training establishment for your organisation ensuring all regulatory requirements are dealt with and that you receive a top quality training contract.
- We employ you under a training contract as an SRA-registered training establishment and second you back to your organisation for a specified period of time helping you reach qualification.
- If your current organisation can’t offer the variety of experience needed to qualify, we work with them to identify other secondment opportunities to allow you to reach qualification.
How do you benefit?
- We provide you with dedicated mentoring and support throughout your contract, and our trainees tell us that this is unmatched in the legal profession.
- There is no long wait as we get you started on your training contract within weeks.
- On qualification, you can return to your organisation as a fully qualified solicitor.
- Build on working relationships and networking with our cohort of other trainees.
“After studying Law at University and going on to complete the Legal Practice Course at the University of Law, I started working as a Legal Executive at an in-house media distribution company. After 12 months with the company, I was eager to progress my career and looked at ways in which I could complete a formal Training Contract. As the distribution company I worked for were small and didn’t have the resources to offer me a Training Contract, I thought that it was going to be impossible to complete a formal qualification with them. However, luckily we found that Accutrainee was able to step in and fill the gap to make a Training Contract happen. I was delighted to join Accutrainee as a Trainee Solicitor in 2014.
I was not required to do a secondment, as I opted to do a Trainee Litigation Programme in order to satisfy the contentious requirements. This meant that the Training Contract caused very little disruption to my usual working day, and Susan and her team made the whole experience enjoyable and stress-free. My Managing Director was surprised and pleased with how little he needed to get involved in the process as Accutrainee took care of everything. I had regular meetings with the Accutrainee team, who provided a wealth of support and advice. The team are so friendly and I thoroughly enjoyed the social gatherings, making friends with other trainees.
Having qualified, I and the company I work for are truly grateful to Accutrainee for stepping in when we needed them and ensuring a smooth transition throughout. In-house Training Contracts are hard to come by, so I feel really lucky to have been able to remain with the distribution company and to start my career as a fully qualified solicitor. I would highly recommend Accutrainee.”