Accutrainee has been seeking out some specific tools that can assist in developing healthy remote working practices which we thought may be helpful to our wider audience. We have compiled a list that we or our clients have found useful to date, but we welcome any feedback or suggestions.
Linkedin – 16 free courses on remote working.
Project management and automation
- Monday.com for process driven collaboration. Needs some effort to get working and sharing or data and project updates but has been very useful to us during the current coronavirus crisis.
- Pricing based on 5 users: Basic £25, Standard £41, Pro £62 for 5 users, per month.
- Airtable combines the flexibility of a spreadsheet with the power of database.
- Airtable templates for the legal industry include: Legal Case Tracking and Billing, Legal Case Analysis, Legal Matter Management, Legal Client General Intake Form.
- Pricing: free, £8 (Plus), £16 (Pro) per user, per month.
- Zoom Video Communications has developed cloud-based video conferencing software that offers a secure platform for video and audio conferencing, messaging, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems
- Comprehensive guidance on effective remote working from Zoom is here.
- 3 pricing tiers: free (personal use), £11.99 (small teams), £15.99 (SMEs) per user, per month.
- Google Hangouts is one of the easiest and most capable video chat services. You can have a live video call with up to 10 other people, and Hangouts works with all computers as well as Android and iOS.
- G Suite pricing: £4.14 (basic), £8.28 (business), £20 (enterprise) per user, per month.
- Microsoft has agreed Microsoft Teams will be free for use by businesses for collaboration which has a built-in video chat and conference call facility.
- Pricing: Currently free.
- Save time on coordinating diaries and booking meetings. It eliminates the old-school way of using email and phone tags for scheduling appointments, calls, interviews, demos by integrating with outlook to allow for direct calendar invites to be sent in emails or via outlook calendar app.
- 3 pricing tiers: free (basic) which you have only one type of calendar invite, $8 (£6.40) (premium), $12 (£9.60) (Pro) per month, per user which allows for white labelling and more than just one meeting type.
File storage and transfer
- Cloud-based storage system that allows its users to share and save documents remotely.
- Pricing: £7.99 (Plus), £16.58 (Professional) per user, per month.
- Utilizing company OneDrive accounts and File sharing via Teams, secure and easy to use.
- Free screen sharing tool that shares your screen without requiring your viewers to sign up or download anything to view it.